Are you buying a home for the first time?
Buying a home is usually an exciting experience. But we also understand that it can feel extremely stressful, and overwhelming. But buying a home doesn’t have to be scary! That’s why we are here to help! In addition to being constantly available during your home buying process, we also put together a home buying checklist so that you can stay organized and be ready on your closing date!
Two Weeks Before Closing:
- Reserve a moving truck or schedule a moving service.
- Schedule the closing with your title company.
- Notify your lender to order appraisal.
- Contact your insurance company to setup a homeowner’s policy to be in effect on day of closing.
- Get a change of address package from the post office and begin the notification process.
One Week Before Closing:
- Schedule utility transfers
- Request certified funds for closing
- Order a survey if desired
One Day Before Closing:
- Conduct a walk-through of the house to verify the condition is the same as when placed under contract.
- Double check inspection items have been addressed
- Get certified funds for closing.
What to bring to closing:
- Photo ID
- Certified Funds
- Copy of Insurance Policy
- Any additional documents requested
Did you know that just an extra $100 on your mortgage payment every month could knock nearly two years off of your mortgage and save you close to $30,000 depending on your mortgage loan?
We understand that buying a home can come with a lot of nuances and headaches, but we also understand that it’s the best financial decision that you could make for you and your family! If you have any more questions that this list didn’t cover, please contact me and we will be glad to chat with you. If you are curious what you might get for your current home, fill out the market evaluation request form below and we will get back to you shortly with your free market evaluation report!